On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 17:55 +0800, Pizza wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to programming.
> I've made a simple list with ClutterModel APIs. To display my list, I
> just made each row an actor, and it worked.
> My question is: Is there anything such as GtkTreeView, GtkCellRenderer
> or other for us to manipulate a list?

yes: Tidy has a ListView actor which displays an actor per cell as
provided by a CellRenderer object, and each renderer per column is
handled by a ListColumn object.

the ListView API and behaviour when building the view of a model is
slightly different from the GTK+ counterpart; the idea is that the
entire view is generated from introspecting the model. ideally you hide
the columns you don't want to display, and by default all columns inside
a model are automatically visible. also the CellRenderer returns an
actor, and it doesn't paint on an area.

for an example of ListView usage you can see the test-list-view inside
Tidy or, if you want a more complex case, see the Tweet application[0].

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

+++

[0] http://live.gnome.org/Tweet