I've uploaded a proposed patch to bug #1099 that would add this function.  I
took your suggestion and made it a list of GObject pointers, not a list of IDs.
 I've done very basic testing on this patch, but nothing extensive.

  I'd have liked to do a diff versus the latest SVN version and just uploaded
an SVN diff, but I'm having trouble building the latest SVN.  I think I'm
missing some kind of autoconf-related tools, but the error message is
unhelpful.  Anyway, it means I couldn't easily test if I did that.  So this
patch is against the very similar-looking 0.8.0 versions of clutter-script.[ch].

  I apologize for my patch-fu being weak on this one :-)