Thanks for the suggestion. Not as fancy of a solution as I might have hoped for:) but I'm sure if works just fine... and quick and easy to implement.

- Reid

On 27-May-09, at 2:54 PM, Kristjan Vaga wrote:

i'd put simply a background colored image with gradual alpha channel
over the text box edge.

btw. one of the most wanted features by designers in Clutter is
probably the technique to produce image-based clipping masks. this
feature would fit to your case as well...

kris.