Hello,

> I'm wanting an efficient way of capturing image data on the stage. I'd like
> to be able to take video of the stage and save it to a file. So being able
> to grab image data, frame by frame, from an animation. Has anybody attempted
> this or have any idea where I should start looking?

See
http://lists.o-hand.com/clutter/0175.html
http://lists.o-hand.com/clutter/2163.html

I recall pippin to have some patch for rendering video using ffmpeg,
but in short there is nothing like that in the main code (yet?).

There are ongoing experiments around gst-gl with clutter, might be
your best chance. Or simply try general purpose screen capture
software.

>I guess the best way
> would be for clutter-gst to offer this kind of feature.

clutter-gst just displays video frames to an actor.

Florent