You can use glReadPixels, but the problem is glReadPixels reads the data assuming origin at lower left corner of the screen, where your video data may be shown in a window where the origin is top left corner. So the image data you get here is actually vertically flipped, so you have to manually manipulate the data (in s/w) i guess before you can use them. and to do that for each frame, is quite expensive operation.
My purpose was at some time depending on certain scenario, i had to take snapshot of the current framebuffer/GL surface data and then dump it on to the frame buffer later on when reqd.I followed the above mechanism.Because for me, it was at certain scenario and not in every frame, i am fine with the s/w manipulation of the image data captured..
May be this will give you certain hints..
Saul Lethbridge wrote:
Would I be able to use glReadBuffer & glReadPixels to get the image data? Am I on the right track?-- To unsubscribe send a mail to clutter+unsubscr...@o-hand.com
- [clutter] Capturing image data from stage save as video... Saul Lethbridge
- Re: [clutter] Capturing image data from stage save... Florent
- Re: [clutter] Capturing image data from stage ... Saul Lethbridge
- Re: [clutter] Capturing image data from st... Mustafizur Rahaman
- Re: [clutter] Capturing image data from st... Emmanuele Bassi