On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 00:10 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 08:52 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> > if my experience with past releases of Clutter (and bindings) is of
> > any
> > indication, people will start complaining on Bugzilla some time after
> > 1.0 has been released -- and not before.
>
> People wait for 1.0 because there is no predictable release schedule.
> They want to port once, not repeatedly. Yes, I know you have your
> reasons for delaying, but peoples' reasons for delaying their ports are
> also reasonable.

"testing" is by no means only done by "porting a complex project". in
this case, it mostly means: "compile and run the conformance test suite
on a target platform then file bugs".

I understand and appreciate the difficulties of porting projects that
are already in advanced development, and accept that such thing is
probably not going to happen - it's not like I haven't been there
myself.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--