On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 09:46 +0700, Hieu Le Trung wrote:

> Is there any way that I can remove the FPS in the timeline to force
> Clutter to run at full CPU usage?

which FPS? are you using Clutter 0.8?

Clutter 1.0 is vblank-locked, so it will always repaint (and update the
timelines) at the same rate. if you're trying to see the amount of
frames per second you'd be able to display on a magical screen with no
vertical blanking delay[0], you can run a Clutter application after
exporting these two environment variables:

  CLUTTER_VBLANK=none
  CLUTTER_DEFAULT_FPS=1000

or by passing to it these two command line arguments:

  --vblank=none --clutter-default-fps=1000

for Clutter 0.8, just exporting CLUTTER_VBLANK=none will disable
vblanking support.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

+++

[0] I refuse to call this "a benchmark", just like glxgears is not a
benchmark.

--
Emmanuele Bassi, Senior Engineer        | emmanuele.ba...@intel.com
Intel Open Source Technology Center     | http://oss.intel.com