On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 15:11 +0100, Glen Gray wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I was wondering if it's possible to with the ClutterScript API as per
> 1.0 series, to pass over data to a signal handler's gpointer user_data
> parameter ? Something along the lines of below, where "button" is the
> ide of another child object ?

>     "signals" : [
>       { "name" : "button-press-event", "handler" : "stageClickCb",
> "user_data" : "button"}
>     ],

nope, you can't.

ClutterScript does not special-case strings and we cannot get random
user data since it would imply pointer handling.

the way User Interface definition files work in similar contexts
(GtkBuilder and libglade, which are the "prior art" for ClutterScript in
terms of API and feature set) is to create an application structure,
fill it up with relevant objects created using ClutterScript through
clutter_script_get_objects() and then pass it to
clutter_script_connect_signals().

ciao,
 Emmanuele.