On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 18:42 +0000, Matej Kupljen wrote:
> Dear Ben,

> I now gst is "the preferred" video player for clutter, but as I wrote
> in my first mail, I cannot get it to work with this tuner.
> This is what I get:
>
> $ gst-launch-0.10  v4l2src ! xvimagesink
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> libv4l2: error getting pixformat: Invalid argument
> ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
> ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Failed
> to query norm on device '/dev/video0'.
> Additional debug info:
> v4l2_calls.c(213): gst_v4l2_fill_lists ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
> Failed to get attributes for norm 21 on devide '/dev/video0'. (1 -
> Operation not permitted)
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> Freeing pipeline ...

I guess the GStreamer mailing list is more likely to provide hints about
making this work, you could also try jumping in the #gstreamer IRC
channel on Freenode, they are very friendly people!

>From what I can see, it seems that v4l2src is failing enumerating the
standards defined by your driver (v4l2src could enumerate 20 standards
but stopped at the 21st). The driver is supposed to return EINVAL when
the index is out of bounds in the VIDIOC_ENUMSTD request (see
http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/r9288.htm ) but, for some reason
returns EPERM ?

Hopefully, the GStreamer guys may have already encountered something
similar.

HTH,

--
Damien