On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 02:12 -0800, Christian Hergert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted a way to move a region of a ClutterCairoTexture to a new
> location within the texture.  I created
> clutter_cairo_texture_move_region() which is attached.

API for 1.2 is frozen, at this point.

> My purpose for this is to make side-scrolling graphs; if there is a
> better way to do this I'm all ears!

ideally, we want to make ClutterCairoTexture use the CoglPixelBuffer API
internally, to let Cairo draw directly on a PBO (if supported by the GL
implementation) and avoid a copy. we uncovered a bug in Mesa[0], which
has now been fixed, so we might end up backporting the change during the
1.2.* cycle.

currently, there is no cogl_pixel_buffer_set_region(), though one is
planned when we move the CoglPixelBuffer API out of the experimental
API; once that lands, the move_region() should probably use it.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi, Open Source Software Engineer
Intel Open Source Technology Center