On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 06:26 +0100, Rob Kramer wrote:
> Hey all

Hi,

> I noticed the video-player example in clutter-gst is a bit broken in git
> master. The video's colours are all wrong,

I assume you mean clutter master here.

>  With some manual bisecting, I
> found that it's introduced by:
>
>   commit ce6e80315e17f2e671e2709268f580add757f596
>   Author: Robert Bragg <rob...@linux.intel.com>
>   Date:   Mon Apr 26 10:01:43 2010 +0100
>
>       material: Adds backend abstraction for fragment processing
>
> Any idea what this issue could be? Could someone else test video-player
> perhaps? This happens on both Intel and Nvidia GPUs btw.

Robert has basically rewritten the way Materials (The abstraction used
to fill geometry) work. While the conformance tests are passing, some
bugs still need to be crushed, it's so bleeding edge I did not even have
the opportunity to test clutter-gst against it (but knew it was likely
to break things).

Tracking clutter master can be dangerous at times, but thanks for
reporting this, it needs to be fixed indeed. Meanwhile, if you need some
stable version, can I suggest to use 1.2.10 instead? (1.3.x are
development versions leading to the 1.4.x stable versions).

--
Damien