On Thursday 04 November 2010, David Cole wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Now that we have released CMake 2.8.3, *now* would be a great time to
> prioritize bug fixes for the next release of CMake.
>
> Replies requested. Read on. *Just a short reply with bug numbers* or links
> to the bugs is all we need here. Please move specific discussions into the
> bugs themselves or start a new thread to talk about it... Replies on this
> thread should just be a collector for bug numbers.

I'd like to have

* dependencies to imported targets (#10395)

* the localized bison fix which is already in next

* #10176 - support for the IAR toolchain
This should be like 90% done I think, in the branch AddIARSupport on staging,
AFAIK there are only some whitespace escaping issues left, but the reporters
are not cmake expert enough to find the correct escaping.
The IAR compiler can be downloaded for free after registering (did that), but
I didn't get it installed in a ReactOS in a VM. Didn't try Wine yet. Don't
have a real Windows (and don't want one).

* support for Windows CE (#7919, #8486)

* support for Symbian (#8486)
There are two approaches, one to make the Makefile generators support Symbian
(I have a basically working patch for one version of Symbian with one
toolchain), and one for a special symbian project generator (for their weird
project files).
I prefer the makefile based one ;-)

What I'll be trying to get into 2.8.4

* prefer CMAKE_ROOT over CMAKE_MODULE_PATH when included from CMAKE_ROOT
(branch PreferCMakeModulesByCMakeModulesWithPolicy  in staging)
How do we proceed with this ?

* #10069, branch AddASM_NASMSupport in staging

* #8392 - passing asm files by default through the C compiler (discussed this
here with Brad already)

* improved support for graphviz

Alex