Hi,

CMake merges the output of stderr/stdout when running cmake --build . ...

The --build doesn't really do anything fancy, just boils down to
calling  cmSystemTools::RunSingleCommand with the verbose=True
argument. (Seems it does not use the output variable).
Would it be possible to change the verbose flag to output the results
on the corresponding stream as it was read on?

I don't quite understand the StdoutCallback and Error callbacks inside
cmSystemTools. Anyone can tell me what they are used for?

See attached patch. Not sure if I propose it, as it will break for
anyone expecting all output in stdout. I guess we could introduce a
--no-merge-output or something flag.

Opinions?
/Johan