On Thursday 09 June 2011, Brad King wrote:
> On 6/9/2011 4:12 AM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > AFAIK depending on generated files via the #include does not work/is not
> > reliable (that's why generated files need to be added to the target).
>
> For the Makefile generators, each target builds in three steps:
>
> (1) Generate all custom command outputs
> (2) Run implicit dependency scanning (#include)
> (3) Compile source files
>
> This ensures that any generated sources are available in time to
> be picked up as dependencies of the compilation step.  However, this
> all depends on knowing at CMake time what custom command outputs
> will be needed and adding them to the target so they show up in
> step (1).

So, if I would create a dummy foo.automoc file from automoc, and added this to
the target, this would make sure that any files created as "side-effects" of
this custom command would already exist when any source files are compiled ?
This sounds as if this should be enough for automoc. I'll have a look at it.

But this still means that custom commands cannot be triggered via the implicit
dependency scanning, right ?

Alex