On 2011-09-16 14:48-0400 David Cole wrote:

The information in this CMake bug tracker issue suggests that this is
*completely* a MinGW / MSYS regression, and not really a cmake
issue...

According to the latest note there, just added:

 "With mingw 4.5.2 it works, but mingw 4.6.1 fails with this error."

Nothing to do with CMake or Wine at all. I would call this one a very
recently introduced mingw problem.

Hmm. Brad and Bill just got through assuring me repeatedly there is no
problem with the most recent MinGW/MSYS build of CMake on Microsoft
Windows.  Of course, they could be up against the case where some
Microsoft platforms work and others do not.  Anyhow, it appears this
guy got the same broken build on some Microsoft platform that I am
getting on Wine. It appears the next obvious step is to attempt
replicating that guy's broken-build results with the most recent
MinGW/MSYS on whatever Microsoft platform he was using.

Note, I would be quite relieved (since I am way beyond my depth here)
if one of you could find a way verify that broken build on Microsoft
Windows. That means Wine is just a distraction to the discussion, and
I can let some expert Kitware employee deal with this issue who
presumably has a large desire to have builds of CMake with recent
MinGW/MSYS actually work on all Microsoft Windows platforms.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin