>> I also added the TRE library to Utilities/cmtre, and added
>> CMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_TRE.
>>
>> I added the patch to the bug tracker:
>> http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=12381
>
> Please add a note there indicating the CMake version (git commit sha1)
> on which the patch was based.  Otherwise I cannot apply it cleanly.

The commit that the patch is based on is:
    5675ec5e493e01e10d9ad8d8b60eac62033f31c2

I added a note to the bug tracker.

>> To keep things simple I omitted several things:
>> - TRE library bootstrapping (so now the Bootstrap test will fail)
>
> The KWSys implementation will not be going away, so we can fall back to
> that one during bootstrapping.

This is a good idea.

>> - proper checks when building TRE with CMake as done in its ./configure.ac
>
> IOW, porting TRE to build properly with CMake, right?

Yes, there are some checks, find headers, find types, etc. But all these
operations have equivalents in CMake. So it should be straightforward.

sincerely,
Alex Ciobanu