On 11/23/2011 12:51 PM, Brad King wrote:
On 11/23/2011 12:48 PM, Brad King wrote:
On 11/23/2011 12:43 PM, Brad King wrote:
On 11/23/2011 12:34 PM, Alexandru Ciobanu wrote:
The regex in question is:

  "To include a literal ] in the list, make it either the first item"

It must be the "[:" in this regex that TRE sees as special since it
allows expressions like "[:digit:]" inside a bracket expression.

Still, this is a case that my proposed policy would pick up.

-Brad

I am still very wary about this policy. For 99% of folks the current regex is just fine. Making them "eventually" change to get the new regex is making them do work that they don't need or want. I would rather have two API's. I just don't see the big upside of TRE, and I see this causing pain for lots and lots of folks if we push them to make the change. CMake has most likely 100,000 or more users at this point. A change like this could easily inflict a man years of effort onto the world, and should not be taken lightly.

-Bill