Brad King wrote:

> On 05/17/2012 09:41 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> Great, so choosing the correct imported configuration a solved problem.
>> I'll point the documentation in of the Qt 5 CMake stuff to that so.
>
> Note that MAP_IMPORTED_CONFIG_<CONFIG> should not be set by package
> configuration files.  It should only be set in the CMakeLists.txt files
> of the project *loading* them.  Only the application knows its own list
> of configurations.  The documentation of the package should list the
> valid configurations to which one may map.
>
>> Am I right that it is appropriate to create imported targets without a
>> _${Config} though?
>
> It shouldn't be necessary to create the non-config one.  If only
> IMPORTED_LOCATION_DEBUG and IMPORTED_LOCATION_RELEASE are set and not
> IMPORTED_LOCATION then the default behavior will still choose one of
> the available configurations.  Just be sure to list all the available
> configurations in IMPORTED_CONFIGURATIONS.

Yes, ok I'll take that approach.

I'll also reverse the order of creating those IMPORTED_CONFIGURATIONS too so
that Windows users will get Release unless they use Debug or do the mapping
stuff. That way they will also get the Release version if they use
RelWithDebInfo or MinSizeRel, which seem to be built into CMake.

Thanks,

Steve.