On 06.06.2012 16:27, Bill Hoffman wrote:

Maybe there is a better solution, which would automatically fix a lot of
unit tests.
Can you bring that up on the ninja mailing list?

I tried it with not using slashes:

https://github.com/syntheticpp/ninja/commit/262b7b951135eac51023512d2f788727828bac43

https://github.com/syntheticpp/CMake/commit/c95404d65229d1dd37f0579afb29e27f95501e06

but it doesn't help much. I have the impression it's a multi threading problem.
Linking is only possible with -j1.

Is that a patch that could go upstream ninja?

Yes, the link points to a pull request.

Sorry, no can do.  If it is there, people will expect it to work for

Yes, you are right. More testing with mingw shows that it is completely
unusable.

their project.  Right now it is not working, so I don't want to enable
it.  The only feedback we will get, is these things are broken.  We know
what is broken, what more feedback do we need?

To move forward on windows, I will change the dashboard to use ninja
master.  Right now it is still using your branch on git and is failing a
bunch of tests. Also, it sounds like we took a step backwards with MinGW
and the response files.  Maybe until we figure that out we should
disable response files for MinGW?

ninja/master is not usable with mingw regardless what we do. And it has
not much to do with the rsp files, most unit tests don't use a response file.

Maybe I should switch back to my branch, master is a big mess for mingw.

Did you ever run the unit tests before with mingw? Arn't they all broken
because of the missing CMAKE_RC_COMPILER?

Perhaps we can try one of the forks that has depend information for

Seems we are forced to, nothing happen there.

MSVC?  If one of those works and the BuildDepends test passes, and we
can get MinGW back into working shape, then we can enable ninja for Windows.

I've hoped to get mingw to pass all tests because there is a dependency check,
but it's worth than expected.

-Bill