Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> The point is that you get targets from one installed Config.cmake file,
> and other information from a different installed Config.cmake file, due to
> different required version or search paths.

>> > Should we guard the whole Config.cmake file ?
>>
>> A Config file author could choose to do that, but if only broken code
>> would break on it, that is up to the config file author to decide whether
>> to maintain that kind of thing (and its complexity).
>
> I am not arguing against your patch.
> I am just unsure how to handle the whole thing the best way.

The only sane way I can see is to expect the caller to manage their own
scopes.

It is possible to use an INHERITED property, as I wrote in the start of this
thread

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/5410

but your downstreams still have problems if they do not manage their scopes.

 find_package(KArchive 5.1)
 find_package(KArchive 5.2)

If you add a guard, you can make the second find_package have absolutely no
effect. Is that what the caller intended?

The only sane choice is for the caller to manage their own scopes.

Thanks,

Steve.