The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Mika Fischer
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13894
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-02-05 16:37 EST
Last Modified:              2013-02-05 16:37 EST
This makes it unnecessarily difficult for tools parsing the generated errors to
find the referenced file. In particular, jumping to error locations in vim only
works when the current directory is the root of the build directory, otherwise
the relative paths in the error messages point to the wrong location.

The Unix Makefile generator uses absolute filenames for source files and thus
does not suffer from this.

If there's not a strong reason for the current behavior, I would suggest to also
use absolute filenames (at least) for source files in the Ninja generator.

A patch that fixes this for me is attached.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change