I am familiar with bug 9974 and I've been following it for quite some
time :) I thought there was enough interest in the feature (especially
from myself) to work on it. However, I do like the idea of generator
expressions being supported in OUTPUT, this is a more ideal situation
and would only affect the multi-configuration generators, so I don't
have to change the command options & stuff which I have found so far
to be a nightmare (mostly because I am unfamiliar with the code base).
13840 sounds much easier. If no one else is working on that, I can
invest my time into it instead.