Brad, I can see the reasoning, except for the fact that cmake completely
ignores the settings and environment variables relevant to the selected
toolchain. Respecting the prefix variable, would be the
minimal concession to "Unix".

Bill, "MinGW Makefiles" is useless, since it is even more windows, since it
use cmd.exe and mingw32-make.exe. That is ok, since that is what a vanilla
MinGW environment is. MSYS Makefiles is basically identical to Unix
Makefiles, so I see no difference (as seen from the outside).

Regards,

Sean Farrell