2013/9/3 Daniel Pfeifer <dan...@pfeifer-mail.de>:
> 2013/9/3 Brad King <brad.k...@kitware.com>:
>> On 09/03/2013 03:39 AM, Daniel Pfeifer wrote:
>>> According to http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12930#c30721,
>>> WindowsAppContainer will not pass /ZW to the command line.
>>> Hence, setting VS_WINRT_EXTENSIONS will not enable C++/CX and the
>>> documentation is incorrect. But that is good.
>>>
>>> Maybe also the name of that property is misleading. It might be better
>>> to use the same name that is used as a define, which means
>>> WINAPI_FAMILY as property with the possible values
>>> WINAPI_PARTITION_APP and WINAPI_PARTITION_DESKTOP (and maybe more,
>>> once Microsoft adds new partitions of the winapi).
>>>
>>> It is also important that WINAPI_PARTITION_DESKTOP is not supported
>>> when compiling for ARM. Here, WINAPI_PARTITION_APP should be the
>>> default, especially for the initial compile checks.
>>>
>>> Visual Studio generators should set WindowsAppContainer if
>>> WINAPI_FAMILY is set to WINAPI_PARTITION_APP.
>>> Makefile generators should pass  -DWINAPI_FAMILY=${WINAPI_FAMILY} to
>>> the command line.
>>
>> As I don't do development in this area I have to depend on contributors
>> for knowledge.  If you have time, please prepare a patch series:
>>
>> 1. Add the better-named property you propose.
>> 2. Fix the docs of VS_WINRT_EXTENSIONS and perhaps suggest using
>>    the alternative name instead.
>
> OK, I will do that.

Brad,

I pushed my work here:
https://github.com/purpleKarrot/CMake/compare/WIP-VS11-ARM

There are some TODOs in the commit messages, but I would like to hear
your feedback before I continue. Is that the right direction?

To execute the tests, I set CMAKE_TEST_GENERATOR to "Visual Studio 11
ARM" and CMAKE_TEST_MAKEPROGRAM to devenv.
The test output shows that configuring and compiling works when my
patches are applied to CMake. Many testcases still fail because they
try to run the produced .exe files. Those files are for ARM and
obviously fail to execute on Win32.

cheers, Daniel