On 2/7/2014 3:33 PM, Brad King wrote:
like CMAKE_C_IMPLICIT_LINK_LIBRARIES.  Does libgcc_eh.a appear in any
of them?

You are right, it's there.

If I run "powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0-gcc
/opt/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCCompilerABI.c -v" I see
libgcc_eh.as among collect2's args.

For "powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0-g++
/opt/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCXXCompilerABI.cpp -v" it is
indeed not present.

Whatever lang's compiler is used to drive the link has a known set of
libraries.  All other libraries implicitly used by the other
languages will be added to the link line explicitly.

Turns out gcc would try to link libgcc statically by default, and brought in libgcc_eh.a, but that's not working well when linked with C++ code using exceptions. Had I only read the docs... http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Link-Options.html#index-shared-libgcc-1093 . I'll try to set the -shared-libgcc flag in my toolchain file and hopefully have it work.

Thanks!

Ådne