> My concern is that we've reported CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ID as "Watcom"
> along with CMAKE_C_COMPILER_VERSION holding numbers like 12.x for
> a long time.  Projects may have logic that switches off these version
> values when they see the id is "Watcom".
>
> By changing to "OpenWatcom" we get a more accurate description of
> the compiler name and can restart the version sequence at 1.x.
> Please fold this into the patch.

Brad,

It is now a litle complicated because numbering used by CMake is old Watcom. By
example for Watcom
10.6 CMake reported 10.6 (CMAKE_C_COMPILER_VERSION variable), but for Open
Watcom numbering is
shifted by 1100 that for Open Watcom 1.0 CMake reports 12.0
(CMAKE_C_COMPILER_VERSION value).
Fix ensure that Open Watcom 1.0 will be reported correctly as 1.0 and
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_VERSION
will be 1.0 etc.

Now question, how Open Watcom 1.9 should be identified. If it will be "Watcom"
then version should
be 12.90 if it will be "OpenWatcom" then version will be 1.9.
Correct is "OpenWatcom", but in this case old configuration will not understand
"OpenWatcom" ID.

Jiri