On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 10:12:22 -0700, clin...@elemtech.com wrote:
> Perhaps not if people are using that configuration to build release
> binaries and stripping debug symbols from it.

Ah, true. Maybe it would be better for Debug than RelWithDebInfo?

> In my opinion, it *does* interfere with debugging, because of
> optimization done on stack variables. You may or may not be able to
> see their value at certain times.  Its annoying enough that I go back
> to not having -Og for development, and have a separate build directory
> if I want optimization.

Hrm. That's unfortunate. That's usually where my issues come in (though
you can sometimes get their values by walking up or down the stack
looking for unoptimized values which become those stack variables.

> The program flow while debugging is uninterrupted though, which is
> nice.

Yeah, 'n' being unpredictable is annoying. Too easy to accidentally skip
the important bits :( .

--Ben