Hello,

On 05/01/15 20:09, Robert Goulet wrote:
My project needs to link with an external library which actually consist
of a set of libraries. Adding these libs using target_link_libraries
should be working just fine but unfortunately these libs have a bunch of
circular dependencies, so it fails. In the makefile, we link with these
libs using this syntax:

-Wl,--start-group …libs… -Wl,--end-group

…so that the linker is able to correctly find all symbols. What’s the
proper way to deal with this using CMake? I tried to add the group flags
to target_link_libraries but it does not work. Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure that this also works with circular dependencies, but you could create an IMPORTED target per library and declare its dependencies via INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES.

Adding the imported ones to your executable should do the right thing.

Thanks,
Gregor

PS: This list is mainly for development of CMake; cm...@cmake.org is for the actual consumers.