Le 16/04/15 16:45, Raffi Enficiaud a écrit :
Le 16/04/15 15:54, Raffi Enficiaud a écrit :
Le 16/04/15 14:55, Domen Vrankar a écrit :
I was wondering if this issue has been addressed so far.

As far as I can tell from the bug report I don't think so... If it
doesn't work in CMake 3.2 then it definitely wasn't.

I confirm this does not work with 3.2. I also would like to disable
CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_SHLIBDEPS on some of the components (dpkg-shlibdeps
complains right now for eg. packages containing only documentation).

If the maintainer of the CPackDeb agrees, I can try to resolve this.

Go ahead.
Could you also provide some automated test cases for this?

Sure! I assigned the issue to myself. Let's see how it goes.

I am right now testing the cmake 3.2 based on master. Before that I had
a code running ok-kind-of with the default cmake of ubuntu 14.04
(2.8.12.2).

When I create the debian with components for the two versions of cmake
with the same source tree, (option CPACK_DEB_PACKAGE_COMPONENTS)
- I can see the packages generated with 2.8.12.1
- I cannot see the packages generated with 3.2.20150416-g53264
- Cmake 3.2 is generating a package with the files at incorrect
destinations: for the component core-dev, the files will be installed on
core-dev/usr/include/xxx, while for cmake 2.8.12, the destination path
is urs/include/xxx

How can I have the previous behaviour with cmake 3.2?

Thanks,
Raffi

Ok, it was a good excercise to start with.

In the member function cmCPackGenerator::WantsComponentInstallation, apparently it is required that groups AND components exist to have the component install:
https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Source/CPack/cmCPackGenerator.cxx#L1505

If I change the line to
&& (!(this->ComponentGroups.empty()) || !(this->Components.empty())))

it works as before (cmake 2.8.12).

Is it required that groups and components are defined to be able to have a component installation? (one file per component). In the wiki page,
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack

I can read "A component does not have to belong to any component GROUP".

I checked the tests for that, and I think they do not cover that case since the groups are defined there.

Any suggestions?
Best,
Raffi