Hi Tim,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Tim Gallagher <tim.gallag...@gatech.edu>
wrote:

> Siebren,
>
> We've never really used static linking so I am not sure if it ever really
> worked. I can try and let you know.

Could you please do so? Just to verify that I'm not doing something
obviously wrong

> However, I'm having flashbacks here to something I thought I had done
> before. I dug through my emails and back in 2012 I had signed up to
> maintain a new module that provided a macro to interface with the MKL tool
> and generated the proper linking based on what it reported. My colleague
> and I had written it because we were tired of the difficulties in the
> current modules. This new module provided a macro and the FindBLAS and
> FindLAPACK modules would call the macro to get the link information.

Sounds clean, but are you sure the tool is always available?

> I got push access to create the topic branch but then I don't know what
> happened. I don't know if I never pushed it, or it never got
> tested/approved/checked, no clue. I actually still have all of the modules
> and changes I had made, but it was in version 2.8. I wish I could remember
> if I had actually pushed it to CMake or not, but I really don't remember
> why it never happened.
>
> So anyway, now that we're discussing it again, if the CMake community
> wants the MKL support improved, I can dust off the modules and see what it
> would take to get it officially in the stream.

I'd be more than happy to test this. I've found a number of hits on Google
for FindMKL.cmake files. I certainly wasn't alone in having trouble to get
this to work (doesn't mean much of course).

best,
Siebren