> Le 14/09/15 23:34, Domen Vrankar a écrit :
>>>
>>> Thank you. However those two test are not mutually exclusive. I think
>>> having
>>> them on lintian is also a good thing.
>>

>> I've tried your test change before but lintian test complained that
>> 775 are invalid permissions (should be 755). Is this caused by a
>> different version of lintian or should I just modify your test to use
>> 755 permissions and apply that?
>>

> That's very good that it fails :)
>
> I tested on Ubuntu 14.04, maybe Debian distributions are even more strict.
> Apparently the files that "file(WRITE ...)" created on your system are with
> 775. I believe the problem lies in the "file(" commands rather than on a
> different version of lintian.
>
> OTOH, I can see from this:
>
> https://lintian.debian.org/tags/control-file-has-bad-permissions.html
>
> that all files should have at least a permission mask set to ~S_IWGRP &
> ~S_IWOTH (with "control_tar.SetPermissionsMask(~S_IWGRP & ~S_IWOTH)"), so
> that the executable bit is left unchanged and the write bit is cleared for
> group and others (755 and 644).
>
> What do you think?

You are correct. I've reinstalled my virtual machine and retested with
"control_tar.SetPermissionsMask(~S_IWGRP & ~S_IWOTH)" and it would
seem that there was an issue in my testing environment - before this
did not work as expected on my machine. Same goes for default
permissions being 664/775 instead of 644/755.

I would keep md5 checksum file permissions on 644 with SetPermissions
and add SetPermissionsMask from above for the rest of control files.
Would you agree?

Thanks,
Domen