On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 11:25 AM, David Gobbi <david.go...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Clinton Stimpson <clin...@elemtech.com>
> wrote:
>

>> However, it does bother me that it found includes from the SDK and a
>> library
>> under /usr/lib.
>>
>> For example, if I use the 10.6 SDK on OS X 10.7, it appears that it would
>> find
>> /usr/lib/libpython.2.7.dylib and headers for python 2.6 under the 10.6
>> SDK.
>>
>> I guess I can put this in the bug tracker.
>>

> It's doing this even after my most recent set of patches?  The version
> mismatch
> issue is specifically what one of my patches was meant to fix.

Well, actually, I can guess why this might happen.  If you don't ask for a
specific version of the libs, then it searches in order from the highest
version
to the lowest.  So it finds 2.7 first, which is not in the SDK.  But if you
have
headers for 2.7 either in the root or in the SDK, it ends up finding the
headers
for 2.6 instead.

Some logic could be added to FindPythonLibs.cmake so that it continues
counting down the version number until it finds both a library and an
include
directory that have matching version numbers (that last bit is what is
currently
missing from the "break" condition in the count-down loop).  Do you want to
give it a try?

 - David