Let's start with the toggle because that will make cmake-gui able
to set the option just like the command line.
Sounds good, that's what I was thinking as well.

Also I'm not sure what to do about persistence of the option check
boxes in cmake-gui when selecting a different build tree.  As a user
I may expect those options to be loaded from the current cache in each
build tree I select.
The build tree is selected by changing the source directory setting in the GUI right? So it should get the state of the checkboxes based on the cache whenever this changes.

Adding in one toggle would be fine, but I imagine that when we come to adding support for upgrading warnings to errors, the additional two checkboxes would be a bit much. I was thinking of perhaps instead having just one entry in the options menu, which opens up a sub-window which contains the group of message related options.

Cheers,
Michale