On 12/09/2015 08:02 AM, CHEVRIER, Marc wrote:
> Attached is a patch for AIX enabling correct generation of executables
> regarding runtime path handling (currently, build paths could be stored
> as part of installed executables): option -bnoipath is required for
> executables link command (currently, only shared libs link command
> get -bnoipath option).

Thanks.  I agree that -bnoipath should be used for all linking because
we never want the path to a library file to be encoded in its dependents.
However, the proposed patch moves the flag over to the flags used to
specify the RPATH.  These may not be used if CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH or similar
options are enabled.  We should find another place for the flag that
is always used for both shared libraries and executables.