Dear All,

I was hoping to get some feedback from the developers on which direction to
take this in. As I wrote before, I'm happy to help. But I don't want to spend
time on an implementation that people will not accept in the end. I'd like us
to first agree on how the code should behave after the addition of this new
feature.

Cheers,
              Attila