On 01/17/2016 11:35 AM, Ashley Whetter wrote:
> As per issue 12641, this patch means that a warning is given when the
> "--build"
> option is ignored.

Thanks for working on this.

> I'm not sure if you'd want a different error message here.

Ideally all unused arguments would get a warning but that will take significant
refactoring of how arguments are stored and passed around internally.

> I feel like it might be better to print something about the fact that
> "--build"
> should be used after the binary tree has been generated,
> but I can't think of a good way to word it.

How about:

  Ignoring option '--build' because it is meant to be used only
  to drive an already-generated project build system.

?

Please also add a test somewhere in Tests/RunCMake for this.