On 14-Mar-16 21:59, Brad King wrote:
On 03/12/2016 08:04 AM, Ruslan Baratov via cmake-developers wrote:
I guess it is a well known fact that cmake command is almost never
executed alone and for non-trivial examples usually hold some extra
arguments (home directory, build directory, verbosity level, toolchains,
options, ...). Also I guess that such commands doesn't change from
day-to-day development process and an obvious way to reduce typing is to
create wrapper build scripts (.bat or .sh, I personally use a Python one).
Sorry, I don't think something like this belongs upstream.  It can easily
be done with shell aliases or other custom scripts.
I've got quite opposite experience. It's hard to say that family of custom scripts (+ a lot of environment variables in .bashrc) is an "easy shell scripting", example: * https://github.com/ruslo/polly/blob/162cd157d1d05261a7a708435197d883c4209005/bin/build.py

   We shouldn't increase the complexity of the CMake command line interface
further.
To be clear this feature required only one new CMake option. The rest is responsibility of some pre-build parsing module.

In general I feel sad that CMake will not became more user-friendly in this exact part. Though the only proves of my point that can be provided here is a users experience. Since I don't see any feedback here I'm out of arguments...

Ruslo