Hi Brad,

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 10:46 PM, Brad King <brad.k...@kitware.com> wrote:
>>   * This is currently used to set sourcedirectory, builddirectory and
>>     generator.
>>
>>     These three should be passed in via the command line instead, again
>>     to avoid trouble with users switching to different build directories/etc.
>>     while the daemon is running, which might trigger problems with state
>>     cleanup, etc.
>
> Currently cmake-gui supports switching generators, build trees, etc., so
> there is some precedent for such switching within a single process.  If
> we have (re-)initialization bugs they should simply be fixed.

So you opt for enabling the cmake-server to switch between different
build directories?

That would have the following side-effects:

* We would need the reset command to get the server back into a defined state

* We need to keep it possible to set source directory, build directory
and generator from inside server mode

* We can keep the existing generators query-able from inside server
mode. If they are set inside server mode, then there is no need to
know them before starting server mode after all.

* The commandline way of querying generators is not necessary. We
might still want that, but it does not belong into this patch set
anymore.

Is this the way to do? I will need to back out some changes I did
since speaking with Stephen then. No problem, git has everything;-)

Best Regards,
Tobias