On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 6:43 PM Elizabeth A. Fischer <
elizabeth.fisc...@columbia.edu> wrote:

> I would look into Anaconda, which does work for Windows.  Its version
> management is not as well developed as Spack, but it's more cross-platform.
>
> Auto-builders are just coming into their own, it's a brave new world.  I
> expect things to be more complete in a few years.
>
> -- Elizabeth

Yes, Anaconda comes with a package manager (conda) that is designed to
manage binary dependencies. You can get a minimal Python install with just
the
package manager by installing miniconda. The package management system is
built in Python, but it can manage C and C++ libraries as well. The support
for
ARM isn't thoroughly built out, so you'll be building all the packages
there for
yourself. The support for Windwos, OS X and Linux is pretty well developed.
You
can look at https://repo.continuum.io/pkgs/ to see the packages available by
default. There is also support for people uploading their own "channels" for
packages on anaconda.org. The conda-forge channel in particular has a lot of
additional packages.
Hopefully that's more like what you're looking for.
Best,
Ian Henriksen