Hi Steve!

On Do, 2016-08-18 at 15:37 -0500, Steve Lorimer wrote:
> New to this list, so apologies if it's been discussed before.
>
> I'd like to know why it's not possible to have both debug and release mode
> builds configured at the same time for Unix makefiles?

You can have an arbitrary number of configurations at once, all nicely separated
from each other in their own build directory. Nobody stops you from having
several build directories after all.

> I am aware that some generators (eg VisualStudio) do allow this behaviour.
> Why can I not have the same behaviour with Unix makefiles?

IMHO VisualStudio is rather broken in that regard. Please do not let the
insanity pass over to Makefiles! :-)

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der