On 09/26/2016 05:50 PM, David Neto wrote:
>> I just don't want to have 2 toolchains to support, that would be really
>> terrible :(
>
> I work for Google but not in this area, and I don't know who is doing this
> support.
> I suspect this is just an accidental duplication of effort.

I have been in contact with them.  They are aware of what CMake 3.7 will have
and plan to port their toolchain files to take advantage of it.  They can simply
map their options to CMake's new equivalents.

The two efforts were mostly orthogonal.  CMake's side of the work makes
toolchain files much simpler, but does not actually provide any toolchain files.
The NDK's side of the work provides toolchain files that are aware of exactly
what comes with the NDK.