Okay, thanks. But this doesn't answer my question. So can we introduce
new variable CMAKE_C_PREPROCESSOR with the value
|"${CMAKE_CXX_ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX}cpp${CMAKE_CXX_ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_SUFFIX}"?
Similar to CMAKE_C_COMPILER, CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER, CMAKE_AR. What about
ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_MACHINE_NAME? Your proposal is to parse the last
component of |||CMAKE_CXX_ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX? Does this one look good:

    ||get_filename_component(ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_MACHINE_NAME
    "${CMAKE_CXX_ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX}" NAME)||
    ||string(REGEX REPLACE "-$" ""
    ||||||ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_MACHINE_NAME||
    "${||||||ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_MACHINE_NAME||}")

||?

Ruslo