On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 12:39:15 -0800, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> software@raven> time (nice -19 ctest -S
> ~/cmake/Dashboards/Scripts/CMakeScripts/my_dashboard.cmake -VV >& ctest.out16)
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
>
> The only thing I can find in ctest.out16 corresponding to these
> warnings is
>
> 264: application-specific initialization failed: couldn't connect to display
> "localhost:10.0"
> 264: Error in startup script: couldn't connect to display "localhost:10.0"

The Xauthority file is not available to the nightly build job. You can
share it using the XAUTHORITY environment variable and putting it in a
place that both the user running the X server and the job know about and
can access.

See also the `xhost` tool for managing the file itself. You may need to
authorize other users to use the X server, but I've only needed that for
a setup here where the host provides a VNC server for a Docker image to
use (which also needs cross-host authentication allowances).

--Ben