My dislike against these functions is probably known, and now I would like to
bring this to a new level: I would like to formally deprecate these functions.
I don't think they serve any useful purpose anymore, given that now even the
pkg-config module can (and does) return absolute paths to the libraries.

The plan is to introduce 2 new policies and whenever you set

 cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.13)

and use these functions you will get a warning telling you to stop that
nonsense.

Thoughts?

Eike