Hello,

On 14.02.19 04:39, Timothy Wrona wrote:
Okay so I dug a little deeper into this and it definitely looks like sphinx is the correct tool to use, but I still have one problem.

I would like sphinx to be able to extract ".rst" formatted comments directly out of my cmake source files to produce the documentation but I can't seem to figure out how.

The standard modules that ship with cmake all have this ".rst" section at the top that seems to magically get extracted and turned into online documentation with sphinx, but I just can't figure out how they do it.

The standard modules have a shadow hierarchy at Help/module. For example

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Help/module/GNUInstallDirs.rst

contains

.. cmake-module:: ../../Modules/GNUInstallDirs.cmake

There's no magic happening.

Thanks,
Gregor