On Aug 1, 2006, at 10:03 AM, William A. Hoffman wrote:

At 09:19 AM 8/1/2006, Mike Jackson wrote:
Hello,
  I am new to both CMake and QT and so far I like both. I have
written some small CMake files for some of my projects and so far so
good. Now I have a project that is based on QT and I would still like
to stick with CMake instead of using yet another Makefile generator.

  If I use CMake to build my QT based app, do I still need to run
qmake -MyProject.pro first to get the moc'ed headers and
implementation files?
 I guess I just need a short primer on using the two make systems
together.

I took a look at the VTK source where the QT files are to look at
that CMakelists.txt but it didn't really answer my question.

CMake can run moc.

http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Documentation.html

FindQt4 :

  macro QT4_WRAP_CPP(outfiles inputfile ... )
  macro QT4_WRAP_UI(outfiles inputfile ... )
  macro QT4_ADD_RESOURCE(outfiles inputfile ... )
  macro QT4_AUTOMOC(inputfile ... )
  macro QT4_GENERATE_MOC(inputfile outputfile )

http://qtnode.net/wiki/Qt_with_cmake

-Bill



Ahh..
That little bit isn't on _any_ web page that I found through google. I _did_ find lots of people asking the same question as me though..

So I made the changes and now things seem to be building ok. Just some QT errors to deal with now..

I tried to edit the wiki at "http://wiki.qtcentre.org/"; but the "create new account" seems to be broken. The Page "http:// wiki.qtcentre.org/index.php?title=Compiling_Qt4_apps_with_CMake" has an example cmake file that will NOT work because of the same mistake.

And I am not a member of the other website http://qtnode.net/wiki/ Qt_with_cmake to edit that wiki either.

Both of these need to be updated.

Thanks for the help
--------
Mike Jackson
imikejackson <at> gmail <dot> com



_______________________________________________
CMake mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake

Reply via email to