Bill Hoffman wrote:

Looks like a nice patch that you can put in your cmakelist files. I still do not think it should go in CMake. I don't think that things built by cmake that are native windows things belong in the /usr/local mount point of msys. If you do, it is easy enough to change your project to install by default in anywhere you want.

Okay, I looked at the C++ code of MSYS generator. And surprise, surprise. It does EXACTLY what I said to do of searching the path (but looks for make.exe instead of sh.exe). Also it uselessly (and somewhat potentially incorrectly) parses /etc/fstab to find where mingw's bin directory is (and does not cache any of the other paths, which could indeed potentially allow FIND_PATH() and others to work with mingw paths eventually).

The C++ code just forgets to set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to MSYS proper values. I'll revert this .cmake patch and I'll give you a C++ patch of it instead, as the code is much cleaner that way. And to be honest, I find the C++ code to be much more readable than the .cmake code (which is somewhat disturbing).

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

AMD4400 - ASUS48N-E