On 2007-10-22 10:20-0300 Fernando Cacciola wrote:

I read in a DDJ article that each command returns its own documentation.
(And cmake.exe builds up the single-page doc based on that).

Assuming that's true (I haven't seen any source code), isn't it somewhat simple to extend the pattern so that each command outputs also an HTML friendly documentation entryr?

Something like:

command->get_documentation_html_anchor();
command->get_documentation_html_entry();

The first would return "<a href="#command_id>Command</a>" line, to be put in a list on the top of the html document.

It shouldn't be so difficult to add that based on the current documentation function.. is just a matter of adding the HTML formating.

Right now, you can generate html documentation using

cmake --help-html

However, there are no internal links in the result when referring to any
command, and I agree those would be nice.  If you understand how to
implement those internal links, then I suggest you submit your
implementation patch as a wish-list bug item.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).