Stephen Collyer wrote:
Alexander Neundorf wrote:

The defaults are set in Modules/Platform/UnixPath.cmake and WindowsPaths.cmake

Thanks for that. There's one thing I don't understand: in
UnixPath.cmake, the search paths are set to a set of hard-coded
absolute paths, as I would expect. However, in WindowsPaths.cmake,
the search paths are set to the value of $ENV{ProgramFiles} which
I assume is the value of that environment variable.

Blame windows localization for that.

%ProgramFiles% is a windows built-in environment variable. Its value varies depending on your Windows native language and version, but I believe it is set in the Configuration->System->Advance Options->Environment Variables (System/All users section). The value is set upon installation of windows.

In English, it is usually C:\Program Files. In Spanish, it may be C:\Archivos de Programa. Etc.

It is often a problematic variable for build systems (and installers) due to the built-in space(s) in its path, albeit cmake should be able to work around that issue.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

AMD4400 - ASUS48N-E