Bill Hoffman escreveu:

Something like PCH support is a native build feature that CMake should support. As such, it should be done in C++, and built into CMake. Some work has been done to support this. The "hard" stuff for CMake should be done in C++. That is the implementation language of CMake. Ideally, there would be a few commands you would call to enable PCH's in a cross platform way. Brad King has looked into this, and because it is done so different with so many compilers it is hard in any language. If you really are interested in adding support for this, I would recommend you work with Brad and try to pick up where he left off.

Ok, thanks for the input. But I'm not trying something magical or too difficult. I'm just setting up compiler parameters and trying to compile the least headers I can, based on compiler flags assigned to each source. And this is just one use case... what if someone happens to need some processing cmake cannot provide easily? Should we touch cmake's code? You know, I could program a windows application in assembly, but C++ makes it easier for me. When I code in cmake script, sometimes I feel like programming in assembly due to the lack of programming primitives.

Regards,
rod